Georgia Student Scholarship Organization
Georgia Student Scholarship Organization, Inc. (GaSSO) is one of the original and largest non-profit SSOs in the State of Georgia. GaSSO allows taxpayers to redirect a portion of their state taxes to help improve private school education.
Since 2008, GaSSO is proud to have partnered with over 100+ Georgia private schools and have provided more than $55 million dollars in tuition scholarships supporting preK-12th grade.
GaSSO’s objective is to provide the State of Georgia taxpayer’s and accredited private schools with a simple, easy way to contribute and process funding to their preferred educational institutions.
More About GaSSO
WHY YOUR PLEDGE MATTERS:
This year WCS has awarded over $30,000 in GaSSO scholarships to our families! So far, we have only received $13,000 in pledges and we need your help! Your participation in this program will allow our school to continue to award scholarships in the future.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Your tax dollars will be used toward scholarships for students who might otherwise be unable to attend a private Christian school.
- When you fund your pledge, you will receive a dollar for dollar tax credit when you file your personal or business 2023 Georgia tax return.
- Contact your tax advisor for more information before funding your pledge.
DEADLINES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- The window is OPEN NOW-November 2022 to make your 2023 pledge to GaSSO.
- Once the statewide cap of $125,000,000 is reached, you can NOT participate. PLEDGE NOW WITH NO OBLIGATION TO ACTUALLY FULFILL YOUR PLEDGE!
- January 2023: Letters are sent from Georgia Department of Revenue stating how much of your pledge has been approved. Example: The max for a married couple filing joint is $5,000. You then have 60 days from the date of the letter to fund your pledge, if you choose to continue to participate.
“What a great opportunity the state of Georgia has given us to divert some of our tax dollars directly to Wynnbrook Christian School!”
-Wendy Miller, School Board
Contact Wendy for help: firstname.lastname@example.org